Create your invisible fire extinguisher. The mixture of baking soda and vinegar creates carbon dioxide. CO2 is heavier than air, so it sits at the bottom of the glass. When you tip up the glass, the CO2 comes out and suffocates the candle.
Dry chemical extinguishers are filled with powder, which is usually sodium bicarbonate or baking soda. When released over the fire, the powder decomposes at 158°F releasing CO2, smothering the fire.
With the help of an adult, light the candle.
Mix a little baking soda and vinegar together in the jar to make a frothing mixture.
Tip the jar over the candle so only the gas from the reaction comes out. Be careful not to tip the mixture out
The flame will be extinguished.