Flash Forward is a show about possible (and not so possible) future scenarios. What would the warranty on a sex robot look like? How would diplomacy work if we couldn’t lie? Could there ever be a fecal transplant black market? (Complicated, it wouldn’t, and yes, respectively, in case you’re curious.) Hosted and produced by award winning science journalist Rose Eveleth, each episode combines audio drama and journalism to go deep on potential tomorrows, and uncovers what those futures might really be like. The future is going to be weird, so let's get ready for it together.
Can You Mine An Asteroid?
Today’s episode is about a future where we (try to) mine asteroids for resources.
- Atossa Abrahamian, a journalist who’s written about space mining and is working on a new book about “places in the world where the rules don’t (fully) apply.”
- Dr. Andreas Hein, a space systems engineer and executive director of the Initiative for Interstellar Studies.
- Dr. Ram Jakhu, a professor at the McGill Institute of Air and Space Law and editor of Global Space Governance: An International Study.
- Dr. Erika Nesvold, an astrophysicist, co-founder of the JustSpace Alliance, and host of the podcast Making New Worlds.
- Dr. Jim Schwartz, a professor of philosophy at Wichita State University who writes about space ethics.
- Receptionist/Robot: Ashley Kellem
- Gabby: Anjali Kunapaneni
- Melissa: Chelsey B. Coombs
- Mark: Henry Alexander Kelly
→ → → Further reading & resources here! ← ← ←
- BetterHelp: Affordable, private online counseling. Anytime, anywhere. Flash Forward listeners: get 10% off your first month at betterhelp.com/flashforward
- Shaker & Spoon: A subscription cocktail service that helps you learn how to make hand-crafted cocktails right at home. Get $20 off your first box at shakerandspoon.com/ffwd.
- Tab for a Cause: A browser extension that lets you raise money for charity while doing your thing online. Whenever you open a new tab, you’ll see a beautiful photo and a small ad. Part of that ad money goes toward a charity of your choice! Join team Advice For And From The future by signing up at tabforacause.org/flashforward.
- Tavour: Tavour is THE app for fans of beer, craft brews, and trying new and exciting labels. You sign up in the app and can choose the beers you’re interested in (including two new ones DAILY) adding to your own personalized crate. Use code: flashforward for $10 off after your first order of $25 or more.
- Purple Carrot: Purple Carrot is THE plant-based subscription meal kit that makes it easy to cook irresistible meals to fuel your body. Each week, choose from an expansive and delicious menu of dinners, lunches, breakfasts, and snacks! Get $30 off your first box by going to www.purplecarrot.com and entering code FLASH at checkout today! Purple Carrot, the easiest way to eat more plants!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices
Search Results placeholder