Today’s episode is the LAST OF THE SEASON! And we’re getting weird. What if there wasn’t just this one timeline, this one universe, but tons and tons of and tons of universes all around us all the time? Constantly splitting and forming? Well it turns out that there is an interpretation of quantum mechanics that says just that. And today we talk about alternate universes, many worlds, memory, and stories. Plus: what Flash Forward might be like in other timelines.
- Dr. Sean Carroll — professor of physics at the California Institute of Technology & host of the podcast Sean Carroll’s Mindscape
- Dr. Charan Ranganath — professor of psychology at UC Davis
- Tom, Matt, and Nate — twins!
- Amal El-Mohtar and Max Gladstone — co-authors of This Is How You Lose the Time War
- PNAS Science Sessions: Science Sessions are short, in-depth conversations with the world’s top scientific researchers. Listen and subscribe to Science Sessions on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, Stitcher, or wherever you get your podcasts.
- Shaker & Spoon: A subscription cocktail service that helps you learn how to make hand-crafted cocktails right at home. Get $20 off your first box at shakerandspoon.com/ffwd.
- Tab for a Cause: A browser extension that lets you raise money for charity while doing your thing online. Whenever you open a new tab, you’ll see a beautiful photo and a small ad. Part of that ad money goes toward a charity of your choice! Join team Advice For And From The future by signing up at tabforacause.org/flashforward.
- Tavour: Tavour is THE app for fans of beer, craft brews, and trying new and exciting labels. You sign up in the app and can choose the beers you’re interested in (including two new ones DAILY) adding to your own personalized crate. Use code: flashforward for $10 off after your first order of $25 or more.
- Purple Carrot: Purple Carrot is THE plant-based subscription meal kit that makes it easy to cook irresistible meals to fuel your body. Each week, choose from an expansive and delicious menu of dinners, lunches, breakfasts, and snacks! Get $30 off your first box by going to www.purplecarrot.com and entering code FLASH at checkout today! Purple Carrot, the easiest way to eat more plants!
Learn more about your ad choices. Visit megaphone.fm/adchoices